Tired of eating Oreo’s out of the package? Well now you can make them into a cupcake! YUM! I’ve googled and tried a couple of recipes and played around with them. This recipe makes about 9 chocolate Oreo cupcakes. You can make these into vanilla Oreo cupcakes but substituting the two tablespoons of cocoa powder for one tablespoon of flour. Enjoy!
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour 6 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter (room temp)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 3 Cups Of Powder Sugar
Tablespoons Cocoa Powder 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Of Salt 3 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
1/3 Cup Of Unsalted Butter (room temp) 1 Tablespoon of Milk
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar 6 Finely Crushed Oreos
1/3 Cup Buttermilk (room temp)
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
14 Oreos + 7 Finely Crushed Oreos
Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
- Next add flour, baking powder, salt & cocoa powder all into one bowl. Then Sift.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile whip egg in a bowl, then add to butter and sugar.
- Pour vanilla extract into the buttermilk. (if you don’t have buttermilk you can use regular milk or add 2 teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice to make buttermilk)
- Add about 1/4 of the dry ingredients into the batter, then the buttermilk. Alternate mixing the dry and wet ingredients beginning and ending with the dry ingredients until done. (DONT OVERBEAT)
- Fold in the finely crushed Oreos.
- Line the cupcake pan with paper cups
- Then take off the top half of each oreo and place them in the paper cups cream side up
- Pour in the batter 2/3’s full
- Bake 18-20 minutes. (You should be able to insert a toothpick and have it come out clean)
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup of powder sugar for 1 minute
- Add another 1/2 cup of powder sugar and cream for 30 seconds
- Pour in vanilla and heavy cream and continue to cream
- Add in 1 cup of powder sugar and cream for 30 seconds
- Then pour in milk and the remaining powder sugar
- Mix in Oreo crumbs
- Frost each cupcake then top with half of an Oreo cookie